Did you know that 70 percent of all business data contains a location component? With this increasing amount of location-based data, geo-mapping visualizations can help you detect geographic trends, such as customer clusters or outliers.
For marketers, sales executives and product managers, these types of visualizations are critical in understanding customer demographics. Determining where your best markets are concentrated or analyzing your sales performance against incoming demand, keeps you one step ahead of the competition.
Pentaho’s new geographic data visualizations can help you answer fundamental questions, such as:
- Where are my customers located?
- Which countries visit my website the most?
- Which regional marketing campaigns are working?
- Are my sales territories and client clusters aligned?
- Which stores are carrying the most shipping costs?
- Where is my mobile app used the most?
Powerful, isn’t it? For a quick peek at Pentaho’s new geo-mapping visualization capability, watch this three minute video.
What location-based data are you tracking? Let me know by leaving a comment.
– Farnaz Erfan, Product Marketing, Pentaho
This blog was originally posted on Business Intelligence from the Swamp.